Chicken Soup for the Soul Needs Submissions
Here’s your chance to submit a story or poem to a book in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. Anybody can submit a story or poem, but there are rules to follow. Chicken Soup stories are inspirational, true stores told in the first person. Be sure to check out the submissions guidelines and make sure your work complies. I’d hate to see good work overlooked because of a technicality.
Here are the upcoming book themes and deadlines:
- Angels and Miracles / April 30th, 2015
- The Joy of Christmas / April 30, 2016
- Stories About Teachers and Teaching / June 30, 2016
- Blended Families / June 30, 2016
- Curvy and Confident / June 30, 2016
- Stories about Teachers and Teaching / June 30, 2016
- College Student Stories / July 31, 2016
- Parent to Parent / July 31, 2016
- Stories about Cats / October 31, 2016
- Stories About Dogs / October 31, 2016
- Best Mom Ever! / September 30, 2016
Once you’ve got your poem or story polished and ready, go to the submissions page and give it a go.
They don’t send out rejection letters, per se, but if your work is accepted, you can expect to hear from them within 60 days of the book’s release date.
Each book or poem selected for publication will fetch the author $200 dollars.
Best of luck, everyone!